Banana... coconut bread? Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds, even without the chopped nuts, which I leave out for allergy concerns. My Dad doesn't even like coconut and he liked this bread.
|What your bananas should look like.|
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas, smashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flour a 9X5 loaf pan. (1.5 quart capacity)
2. Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Then add the applesauce, eggs and bananas. Mix until combined.
4. Add the coconut. Mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325 degrees F and bake another 40+ minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minute in the pan, then flip it out onto a cooling rack.
|Nom nom nom!|