4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves ritz crackers
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp dried parsley
1 10 oz of cream of chicken soup
2 tbs sour cream
2 tbs butter
1. Grind up the ritz crackers. You can use a small food processor, or place them in a plastic bag and smash them like the Hulk.
2. Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs in three separate bowls and line them up in that order. You are creating yourself an assembly line, folks! Add the 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8th tsp pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir. Spray a 9x13 pan to complete your assembly line.
3. Get ready to work with raw meat! Cut each chicken breast into three large pieces and set all the pieces in the bowl of milk.
4. Press each piece into the cheese, and then press into the cracker crumbs, then the casserole pan. Yep, it's going to make a cross-contaminating mess. Your cracker crumbs are going to be kinda cheesy by the end but that is all a part of the diabolical plan.
5. Sprinkle dried parsley over the chicken.
6. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400* for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake another 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
So, confession time. We didn't bother with the sauce. If you try it, let us know how you like it. We thought it was great without!